Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took this shot from the O.C. inlet parking lot today. Probably about a mile out..taken with a telephoto lens. The flock was larger then it appears in the pic and they were crashing the water. I guess the birds and the stripers don't mind 60 mph gust.

View attachment 14503

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had friends who saw the birds and tried to get out to them but couldn't make it because of the conditions. That is a great picture you took!!!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks schony. I had a 200mm zoomed all the way out and wasn't sure the camera would even pick them up. If the sun had not been from the south west I doubt I would have seen them. There is a slightly enlarged version on the MD board.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
That is a good pic and if they are still there in a few weeks I hope to make it down there. Schony are you ready to go?????

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve F....I put the same pic on the MD forum but slightly enlarged...not a big difference but better in my opinion. Good luck when you get down here. Hopefully the fish will still be around and the weather will cooperate. Will you be fishing in the Carolina Skiff?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Steve F. I was thinking about tomorrow (1/3) but it looks like I may have something else to do. I'm ready when the next weather window opens up! My buddy got one yesterday. It was over 48" and estimated weight was 45 to 50 lbs! They put that one back and kept one or two around 32 to 35". Had more but released them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes! Most of the fish have been caught on the lumps just blind trolling unless you find good marks and start jigging. There have also been a good number caught with live spot and eels just drifting different lumps. This has been happening within 3 miles so we haven't ventured further out. Hopefully, there will be continued action over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes! Most of the fish have been caught on the lumps just blind trolling unless you find good marks and start jigging. There have also been a good number caught with live spot and eels just drifting different lumps. This has been happening within 3 miles so we haven't ventured further out. Hopefully, there will be continued action over the next few weeks.
Schony, how's the boat congestion, thinking about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry I couldn't respond sooner but for future thinking there is very little boat traffic out there. Because the bite has been so erratic and there really hasn't been a concentration of fish in any one area what boats there are are running in different directions. Let me know if you got out and how you did.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Thanks...that is a personal best for my son. We were trolling tandem bucktails and had several doubles....lots of nice fish out there

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sorry I couldn't respond sooner but for future thinking there is very little boat traffic out there. Because the bite has been so erratic and there really hasn't been a concentration of fish in any one area what boats there are are running in different directions. Let me know if you got out and how you did.
Never made it, know I missed a good day. Maybe there will be another before they're too far south. thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hey Mike. I was out on Saturday afternoon..just me and the boy. WE MASHED UM UP!!! I was using my 975 rigs and catching doubles was wearing him out. We only stayed out for about 2 hrs, but that was long enough to catch a boat load

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In case you haven't heard the bigguns are still out there. According to the Coastal Fisherman it has been as good as it gets recently. Seems most fish are located from the OC inlet to just north of Chincoteague and are headed south about 2 miles a day. Read one report of a guy leaving Hampton and riding the three mile line all the way almost to the Maryland line. Now, that's a haul. Well, all I got to say is at least my block aint cracking. Did I hear someone say, "AWE"?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts