Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think most boats have stayed inside the inlet this week, so not many reports. I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow too, I'll be getting a late start if I do go. If you don't mind maybe I'll hail you when we get in the water. Maybe we won't have to run too far to find them. Good luck .

·
Premium Member
6,440 Posts
let me know what those strippers bite on[smile], just kidding, couldn't pass it up, will be down there sunday for charter on mon, tues and wed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John did not hear you on the water today. We went up north and spanked the strippers. we caught about 50 strippers. we marked some fish and then we kept on top of them until they turned on. 2 40lbers most were in the low 30's. had some storm hooks straightened out today and a strech 30 hook got broken off. Nice class of fish. Hope you did not get caught up in mess close to the inlet.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Swancaller,
I had the wife and my two young kids with me today, lets just say that my plan A didn't fit their comfort level. We had a good time anyway. I'll be going to try it tomorrow if these winds don't get too bad tonite. I knew before I made the turn under the bridge that a ride north wasn't going to work, that's why I never called . I'm glad you got into them, sounds like some nice fish too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John how big is your boat. We ran up the beach at 35 knots. It was smooth inshore. I had the little ones with me and they are 2,3,4 years old they had a blast the fish bite really turned on. We had kept a smaller class of fish we caught earlier but it was nice to release 30-40lbs all you want to catch.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's a 22 seapro CC, we were not in the water until 1pm. It was the wifes first time out of OI and I wasn't getting the warm and fuzzies out of her[wink]. I was going to try it today but my cousin backed out late last night. I'm shooting for Wed. now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stripers are still here.. We limited out this past weekend.. Plenty of fish hanging around because of the amount of bait.. Should be good for another couple of weeks. Were consistently catching them north of OI between the water towers..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Finally caught one of them strippers. Left from Marina and went towards BJ's. Smooth ride. Finally got there and we put out our spread consisting of a pack of cigarettes, bourbon and cokes and my go to lure - a platinum card.

Once we put out the platinum I instantly got multiple hook-ups. My buddies and I each took one and I cut the lines on the rest. I could tell by the bend of my rod that that I had a nice one on. After a grueling 20 minutes she finally came aboard for measuring. A very healthy specimen, but kind of skinny. There were no red sores, thank goodness. Against the wishes of my friends she was released (unharmed) to fight again (and again and again).

Caught several more throughout the night. Kept a couple, but no more than we could eat.

All in all it was a successful trip, albeit quite expensive.

Here is the mandatory pic:

Mighty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.