Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to plan a trip out of OI this Monday. going again for the strippers. anyone heard anything about where their biting??? if anyone else is going- could buddy up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have gone out the past two Saturdays and limited out.. Plenty of Big Stripers still north of Oregon Inlet.. I have mainly fished in between the Outerbanks pier and Nagshead Pier (look for the two water towers on the beach). Troll zig zag in and out from 35-50 feet of water. I troll two weighted umbrella rigs and two Manns stretch 20s. Usually a 2-3 hour troll until you find the fish, but then it's on in no time.. Lots of schooling bait and some diving birds.. Stripers have been plentyful and so have the occasional school of Chopper Bluefish, so beware.. Good Luck.. I'm helping a friend move this weekend so the boat will stay dry for now..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have gone out the past two Saturdays and limited out.. Plenty of Big Stripers still north of Oregon Inlet.. I have mainly fished in between the Outerbanks pier and Nagshead Pier (look for the two water towers on the beach). Troll zig zag in and out from 35-50 feet of water. I troll two weighted umbrella rigs and two Manns stretch 20s. Usually a 2-3 hour troll until you find the fish, but then it's on in no time.. Lots of schooling bait and some diving birds.. Stripers have been plentyful and so have the occasional school of Chopper Bluefish, so beware.. Good Luck.. I'm helping a friend move this weekend so the boat will stay dry for now..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Friend of mine went Wednesday in the fog. Went all the way past kitty hawk. 1 Rock no blues. They had a couple other boats with them also with not much luck either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had major winds last two days. The ocean is really torn up, probably will not settle enough to fish tomorrow. Big fish have been south as far as Avon. Hit schools off the monument last weekend. Good luck, be careful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How about Manns Harbor or out of Pirates Cove? I havent heard many reports from there lately...Its a bit choppy for me to do the OI trip right now. They're calling for the wind to drop off to around 10mph around 5pm tonight, so I'm thinking about taking a trip out of Pirates Cove tonight. I've got the eels ready. Any tips for a newbie?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cancel that. Weather.com moved the time back to 10pm for a wind drop off. Still going out of Pirates Cove tonight anyways. Thoughts?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Friday, we went up just a little above the Duck research pier and got 9 fish to 19#'s in about an hour. Had to throw back three as there was only three of us on my boat. 19-34 feet of water and no particular color or lure. The 9 fish hit 6 DIFFERENT lures !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts