Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know some of you think these things are for weanies, but I'll post it anyway (since I'm a weanie that uses these).

I found a good deal on those stretchy finger sleeves on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLY-FISHING-FIN...ryZ23817QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I always have at least one on my middle finger and if I know I'll be fighting strong fish or if the line will be getting dirt/sand on it I will sometimes put one on my index finger too. Before I started using these if my fingers were soaked and pruny I would get bad cuts in them from the running line or from pulling knots tight. I hated those cuts, they were like oversized paper cuts. Totally annoying.

Anyway, I just bought some of these from this person and I got them yesterday. They look very sturdy and even better than some of the ones I've bought/seen in fly shops.

David

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Sebastian, yeah, these things are a little gimmicky but besides the finger saving factor I've found that they do a good job getting gunk off of the line while stripping.

Plus, think of how many landfills are overflowing with all of the tape you've used over the years. ;)

Hah, totally kidding.

David

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Ya know - I had this problem with my index finger about 5 years ago. Then I got a touch of Mycobacteriosis right where the line crosses my index finger.

Now, it took 4 months to heal, but the resulting callous has eliminated the need for a stripping guard on my office-boy fingers.

If you want the steps on how inoculate your fingers, lemme know....

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can also buy little ace bandage finger pull overs at the drug store. Dirt cheap, and work just as good.
If you need 'em, you might want to check this web site before you go.
Linkage
Might direct your attention to some other items you need to pick up while your there.:D

Later, Harry
Norfolk Boyz WestSide!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
hey dav. i'm with you. Joe bruce got me to use them and I'm sure glad he did. they have saved my finger on may fish. Ask salar about his experence on what we think was a small blue fin and a 9wt. rod that he had it hook on. took me a while to clean off all the blood. Salars of course. Can't take that kid to montauk with out him having somthing go wrong for him. bwahahahahaha he's got the montauk jinx. bwaahahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts