Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

Launched from SPSP at 7AM with a good friend and his two sons. I was a little concerened for the little guys as this was there first time ever on a boat. Cleared the jetty and made a beeline to the anchorage just of TPL. Plan was to find the bait and stick with it at all cost. I have had no problem finding bait so far this year, but I have been very IMPATIENT. We'll found the bait with good marks in 40-50' water. Wish I would have took a picture of my gps trails because it looked like a 2 year playing with a etch-schetch. At a 8:02 a 20inch white umbrella with 20 Oz weight back 100' goes down. After a short battle a 37" in the box. It felt good to get the skunk of the boat, Finally. Did I mention I was not leaving the bait? Kept running circles and at 8:47 a 4+2 green tandem back 40' on the boards gets crushed. It was wyatts turn and he took care of a fiesty 31". Kept running circles and rode around for an hour. I was fighting the tempatation to leave, but I stayed put. At 10:10AM the white umbrella with tandem 3oz chutes back 175' goes down. It's now dads turn and he is struggling with this fish. It was a blast to listen to Cody and Wyatt 11-13 year olds give dad the blues. Fish comes to the side and we boat a 38". One more for the boat limit, we'll that took a while. At 12:28 a 4oz green single 40' off the boards get hit. It's my turn and we boated a 34". Thats it, were done I told the crew. While racking the rods for the day we had another hit on 3oz green single 40' on the boards. Got that fish to the side and released to catch another day. No Idea on size because it never came out of the water, guessing 34-35". All in all great day to be on the water with great company. Kids were asking when can they go again the whole ride back to SPSP:yes:

Moral of the story, find the bait and don't leave it!

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
WTG... Sounds like a great day.. Nothing like catching fish to get the kids excited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts