Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out on the water again. I had not been out since the weekend the first Fall fish appeared. Crew today was my whole family (Wife, 2 daughters, and 2 sons). They agreed to go trolling if they could have internet and TV. No problem, we're a houseboat so we've got everything and the kitchen sink.

Left Solomons at Noon. Lines in just south of HI at 1pm. 7 rods and 1 dummy line (no planers). My daughter made a TF call and we heard back from an adorable mate on "Sweet Surrender".

About 2pm we get a runner:rockon:. My lovely first mate grabs the rod and goes to work...

After a workout we land the 37"er:thumbup:

It was hooked in the chin like someone recently posted. Very odd.:eek:

About 4pm we start bringing in lines. I grab a corner rod to find the line running in the opposite direction of all the other lines.:confused: I start reeling it in and feel the shake of a fish. I hand the rod of to my lovely second mate who struggles but brings in the 39"er.

(I missed the photo with her and her fish.:eek:)

This is how I looked all day :D I've been dying to get back out and I could not have asked for better conditions and a better crew.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congratulations. That has to be cool fishing off a houseboat with all the comforts of home.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Wow fishing in Pajamas and flip flops from the house internet and TV:clapping2::eek::clap::eek2::D

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some of the more imprtant details...

water temp: 48
Seas: very calm (less than 1ft.)

First fish was in 80-90ft. of water on a white umbrella with an extra 16oz. inline out 125'.

Second fish was on a single chartruese parachute with a white shad with an 8oz. inline back 200'. (not sure of the water depth)

Both in the vicinity of HI. (houseboats are comfortable but at 8knots can't travel very far quickly) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts