Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out with a full day trip with some employees of the City of Virginia Beach. Talked with a couple of boats who were headed South looking and we put lines in just east of Cape Henry. Lines in and we begin hooking up immediately. We catch 5 then a couple 30 inch fish and the charter says we do not want those small fish. Oh well throw them back, we have a full day. Man that put the pressure on me, cause after that we went cold for two hours with only 7 fish in the boat. We watched others hook up around us and I guess I was not holding my jaw the right way. Switched the spread up and get a couple bites. Had one monster bite which after 3 minutes of fighting the fish broke the 65# wire, Dam. Watch out monster cuase I just respooled with 80# Power Pro. There was no current and I told the crew "watch what happens when the current starts." Well it did and game on. In 35 minutes 9 fish and several missed bites. Once we started hooking up the boats collapsed on us making it hard to stay on the bait ball. Headed back to the dock at 1:00 pm after catching 17 fish and keeping 12 real nice fish from 36 to 40 inches. These fish were all full of Bunker!!!!!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
We were out in the "fleet" also yesterday. Things seemed to be going pretty smoothly considering the amount of boats.

Saw you guys bring fish on board as usual. After a slow start we were able to pick some off here and there.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Kevin,

Excellent report. I caught one the other day and she had 6 large bunker in the tummy and was after an eel. I don't know where she thought she was going to put it cause her gut was already so dang distended.. sounds like you had fun on the water.... thanks for sharing it with us! :thumbup:Beth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts