Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can have a day you wish you could have over again this one was it.

had a customer Julian and his cousin and Keny and a friend come and fish with use for a trip. We go to pull away and all of a sunden my radar does not work. I spend the next 10 minutes or so working on it and all of a sudden I feel something on the deck I am laying on. I think I am having an engine problem and sit up. I see a light flashing from Julian's cousin and see he is having a seizure. Training kicks in and we get him to the floor, on his side, put cushions around him so he does not hurt himself and call 911. Rescue squid comes and stabilises him. We left the dock with Keny, his friend and me 2 hours late. get out and start trolling to find no bite. After working the area we run to the warm water that pulled up north to no avail.

Was talking with C-Note and they had some marks and we run to their area where we get 2 YFT on the gig. Then go Tile fishing. we talked to C-Note all day and he help us on the Kings. We get there and limit out on Kings and loose several jigs. (Note to Mack jiggers, do not use swivels on the gig due to them attacking it) Catch Tile fish on the drop for a great day.

Found out Julians cousin was doing great and seeing a Neuroligist today.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Wow what a hell of a day there Kevin. Geez glad you had the training that right there saved him injury. WTG Kevin hope he is going to be alright prayers are with him. Well the fish were a bonus today I see. What was wrong with the radar?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Thats rough, the wiring on you radar and on your customer goes bad at the same time. Good part is you can always buy a new radar. I hope all goes well for your customer. Way to stick with it and make a good day out of all the bad that started it off with. Thanks for the report. Martin

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to add that Keny asked to check and see if the radar worked after we had Rubin stablized. It worked fine the rest of the trip.

The hairs stood on the back of my neck when it worked. Things happen for a reason. If the Radar worked we would have been about 15 minutes out of the marina when it happened.

Thank you from the Man Above!!!!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Forgot to add that Keny asked to check and see if the radar worked after we had Rubin stablized. It worked fine the rest of the trip.

The hairs stood on the back of my neck when it worked. Things happen for a reason. If the Radar worked we would have been about 15 minutes out of the marina when it happened.

Thank you from the Man Above!!!!!
AMEN...Glad your crew is going to be OK.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Wow man thats some crazy stuff right there. Just think if you boys were all the way to the grounds. MAN. Thanks god.:bigangel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts