Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saturday 11/1

Had Mike and his crew of guys fishing with Lee and I out of OI. Heading out of the inlet was hairy with low tides and shallow waters. We bumped several times in the crack but luckly we were idleing threw it.

Made it out just ahead of the fleet and listened most of the morning of boats running a ground. Good news is they are going to work on the crack this week. We put lines in and the action starts! We go 2 for 5 on the first bite, then 2 for 4 then single and double here and there. The crew was great after the first couple multiples by jigging the lines after a bite. Then with the planer down a Shark eats my planer. We had 9 tuna on the troll and was hearing others had the same marks we had but were not getting the bites. Talked with Bill on Reel Fancy and only had a couple on the troll and was going jigging. Well after a few hours Bill says he done. Had one diamond jig and asked Bill if I could barrow some since they were done. He sold me two of his used jigs for $20. So we back up to him and Game on. We find the marks and the action starts. We caught 5 on the jig and had 9 bites. Sucked one jumped out of the box and lost another next to the boat. great day on the water.

14 Tuna (One jumped out of the box) (9 for 16 on troll) (5 for 9 on the jig)

Thank you Mike and Other TF memebrs for the trip! Hope to do it again real soon.

PS: MIKE the seas for Sunday were DEAD CALM and another boat out for an over nighter had 4 swords and a couple Tuna. Darn! Mike could you imagine if we did the overnighter? We would have had crushed them even more than we did.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Also I heard a rumor about a long liner catching a 550# sword in the cold water sometime last week. I spoke to Mark on the Canyon Runner, who was bringing their rig down from Jersey to OI and he caught a couple swords during the night time up towards the cigar. I wanna say he caught 4.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Jake,

I heard the CR guys talking too...thought he said they released 2 smaller ones, lost two nicer ones and boated a 100 pound Mako. Cold side overnight I believe...

Either way, sounds like some Swords are around.

Glenn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kevin,

Ditto... Thanks again for a great trip. Next time maybe we can a group together for the overnighter... I'm always game!

Thanks again,
Robert

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice report Kevin!

We got a late start and it seems the troll bite was dead by the time we got lines in. Didn't have any suitable jigging rigs, so that was out. We did have two beautiful days of boat riding, however :52:

OTOH, by the time we left, there was enough water to not bump...

Woody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts