Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my riggers off and plan to put them back on this weekend, they are the sailfish 15'6. Right now I got a glass eye that is connected directly to the last eyeloog for the short rigger. I dont like it there though because it always interfers with the short rigger line/bait.
thought about making a longer line so it would hang off a little, or putting some type of clamp about half way up, but then got the best Idea yet, ask you all since I am sure that you have tried a lot of these and might have a better way.

feel free to call me if to much to write

804-731-9856

thanks

warren

·
Registered
236 Posts
Warren,

I use a triple hallock for my long, short rigger, and teaser line. The third halyard is rigged the same as my other outrigger lines except that it has sampo clips that clip to a stainless steel o-ring. I run my teaser line from the teaser reel, through this o-ring and then attach the teaser of choice for that day. This allows me to run the teaser up and down and retreive the same way you would a rigger line to deploy or reset. What it also allows me to do is since I have an express boat with a tower I can use either my lower set or upper set of teaser reels to deploy and retreive my teasers (depending on which station I'm running the boat from). With the sampo clips you also can just change the o-ring out for a line clip and run a third rod off the rigger in lieu of a teaser.

Hope this helps.

Teaser
28 Carolina Classic
330 Cummins
Wachapreague, VA

·
Registered
53 Posts

The only suggestion I have is where ever on your rigger you attach a glass eye or pulley make it break-away with some light mono or cord. If you have a monster pile in on your teaser you don't want to bend or break a rigger. I usally dont keep my teaser reels loaded to the max with line due to the expense of the size used for teasers and sometimes fish just wont let go of the damn thing.Had it happen once all I lost was a $45 teaser. Jerry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts