Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to give it a try tomorrow if it is worth it. My buddy can't meet me til 10 so I have a couple choices to maximize our fishing time.

1) Trailer my 24 CC to matapeake and either run south as fast as possible(up to 40 depending on conditions) to look for breakers
or

2) just stay around the BB-BP area and troll.
or

3) Take his Bertram out of Kent Narrows and cruise down to BP area and either go south a ways or work the 86-TP-BP triangle.

I am thinking this way for times sake. Longer run in a slower boat from the narrows across eastern bay will probably limit our time, but it will be more comfortable. Or should we just leave Matapeake and go all out down south of Poplar island?

We can either troll or light tackle jig. Any suggestions are welcome. We have not done a lot of fall fishing.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Leave Mattapeake and start trolling near #88 and zig zag south.Be sure to go west into 40 feet and if you find bait- try to stay around it.Some good fish are being caught above Bloody Point.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would probably start trolling bloody point area first. definitely bring your jigging sticks with you. Some nice fish being caught around bloody.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input. I saw a picture of a 54 in Shore Tackle that was caught west of the gum thickets this week. I think we'll stay around and give it a try.
john

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Luck Bill, Maybe we'll see ya out there. I have a 24 Robalo CC, for now named Yellow Tail. Just looked at the weather and it said 49 degrees, so at least we have that much:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts