Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are headed to a wedding in SC on May 6th. We live in PA.

We're planning on driving instead of flying, so that we can drive back and fish our way home.

That said, we are open to anywhere between Columbia, SC and Lancaster, PA. We are also open to fresh or salt water. Basically, we enjoy just about anything OTHER THAN trolling.

We're looking to be at the right place at the right time to catch lots of fish. Again, that could be anything from a Bluegill to a Striper...or redfish to a largemouth bass. Obviously, it's "fishing" so we understand that there are no gaurantees...but we're hoping that with some help, we can "up our odds" and have a great day or two of fishing.

I'll be posting this same post on other boards for other areas as well.

Please...share your thoughts. Where would you be fishing the second of week of May???

Any/all info would be appreciated...place, species, tactics, guide/charter service, etc.

Oh, and we prefer inshore vs offshore, when it comes to saltwater.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Brett

·
Registered
376 Posts
Any of the inlets along VA Eastern Shore should put you on the flounder. You can rent a small skiff in either Chincoteague or Wachapreague. Buy the biggest bull minnows you can find and drift the channels.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
SC has a somewhat limited offering for fishing. Red drum may be available in May. Suggest you come on up into NC, to Morehead City, Cape Hatteris and Oregan Inlet for some much better opportunities. From there, come on up to Va. Beach, Va. and fish the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel area. Charter a local guide running a smaller boat to put you on the fish big-time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Digging into some of this info and working on a plan. Please keep the suggestions coming, especially if you are a charter capt or know one :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would get yourself a Red Drum Charter, that time of yr, the bite should be hot and heavy, 50"+ fish, the April full moon is suppose to be prime, but the experts can provide you with more, out of va beach or eastern shore

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
flounder should be hot and heavy here on the easternshore . can take you on an 18ft cc for 250$ for the day or the 34ft boat for a bit more for the day . call 757-787-1074

1 - 9 of 9 Posts