Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice on sun protection for the face and neck (no sunscreen please). I'm looking at the HAD & Simms products but can't make up my mind. I want the coolest, most comfortable product I can find.

Doc's orders.......Says these aren't barnacles growing on me. - TonyH

·
Registered
10 Posts
A "Lefty" Style hat with a Big brim and flip down rear and maybe tie a bandana around your face and neck cowboy style.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tony,
I've been thinking about this quite a bit also. (Actually anyone on the water should think about it) I wore sun screen and long sleeve shirts all summer this year. Not only for the long term prevention, but at the end of the day you feel so much better if you protect yourself.
I'm pretty sure the flats guides and TV stars all wear BUFFs
http://www.buff.es/newen.htm
Look at the original BUFF to see all the ways you can wear it. I would think either wearing it as a scarf over the face with a large brimmed hat, or as a balaclava would do it. Plus you get the added benefit of that Location X / Old Western Bandit look.:D
Check out the High UV Protection BUFF, no different than the original, just added more UV protection, but that page doesn't show all the ways you can wear it.
Just google BUFF High UV Headwear and you'll find somewhere to buy one. They run about $20.
I've been thinking about getting one of there new windproof breathable fleece ones for winter, but winter never seems to be arriving this year.
Later, Harry

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Harry,

Thanks....I'll take a look, but I think it's close to the HAD product. Like you, I always see that style being used and never the Simms. To me the Simms Sunclava is interesting because it's loose fitting and has a mouth opening that would help with condensation.....I don't know?

With what we spend on our sport 40 Bucks for both isn't a bad health investment. - Tony

P.S. Good job W/ the Rockfish Bro !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts