Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was the last I checked which was about 6mons ago. Had descent rates on keeping you boat there If I remember correctly too. Sunset Boating Center - Sunset Creek 757-722-3325

Ben

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Sunset has a boating center. I keep my boat there sometimes. Ask for Cindy the manager. Sunset Creek also has a boat ramp/launch which is nearby. Not sure which one you are asking about...

Good Fishin

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I spoke with the City of Hampton Director of Parks & Rec. last week about the deplorable condition of the public ramps. He invited me down to City Hall to take a look at the plans for bringing these ramps and piers up to date. They are currently talking with Blue Water Yacht in ref. to the problem with their yachts extending out beyond their docks into the area where boats using the public ramp(s) would have to wait for a turn at the launching/retrival ramp. The plan is for a ramp similar to the one at Wallace's in Foxhill, but, with only a single ramp capable of launching two boats at a time. They would have a pier on each side of the ramp. The current ramp would be replaced with a longer one with a much less steep grade. The rocks at the end of the current ramp would be gone for good and the ramp would extend out beyond that point. Looks llike a great improvement to me! I also raised the issue of the limited parking now at this launching facility. The director indicated that they are looking into ways to add additional parking in the immediate vicinity.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
A Million won't begin to cover it. That is Blue Water Yacht / Chris Halls house. The boats the restricting the ramp, his. The marina where Surfrider is, his. Then Bluewater by Hampton Yacht Club on Bridge street, his too. My guess, he's not in favor a public ramp in the middle of his home - work place either. Obviously, he knows how to make a buck!!!
budc

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've gone in and out of that ramp in the past month with a 25' mako with no problems. Not saying it couldn't be better but what are we complaining about? If you have the cities ear tell them I'll give them a price to remove the rocks if that is a problem. 897-8738

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Those rocks ar the bottom of the ramp have ruined many a prop! Actually, they are the paving stones that were put down at some earlier point in time. Power loading has caused them to pile up at the end of the ramp. They will be gone once this process is completed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Date???

Getaway,

Did you happen to see a planned start/finish date for this project. I live 5 minutes from this ramp but I trailer over to Factory Point all the time. I heard this project was planned and am excited to see the plans are actually on paper now. I stopped using that ramp years ago after I tore up a prop loading my 20 ft center console.....now I'm in a 24 ft Alby. Can't wait till they finish.

Danny

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The weatherman reported that tides are supposed to very low tomorrow and maybe next few days....be careful anywhere you go or put over at low tide this weekend.

Bob Allen, Hampton VA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts