Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got into water around 8:30 more like 9 ish on the bay, got a good call from Mrs July and ran over to the cut bouy54 area, birds and the 19'' wonders, trolled around there for a while radar pick a large bird group east and south of 51 so we went over and hook up with the same 118-19 fish , then around 12ish ran down to range light to just south of it and got our only keepers for the day 21,22, 23 and that was it for me, ran over to the mouth of rapp at 3 ish and pick up a few release there. i'll be back out on the 21 moon or no moon I think its 78% full that weekin going to try anyway thanks to all for the reports and calls saves all of us some fuel and time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Similar results on the Rapp Sunday but no keepers. Got out late. Plenty of boats out. Lot of birds working huge schools of glass minnows around the bell buoy. Lots of small fish taken on sting silvers. Ziggged and zagged trolling across the ledges and across the main channel from there to the bridge. Had tandems and stretches out with no luck on keepers but a few shorts on the small stretch. Hit more birds working just up river from the bridge and more small fish casting around the edges till somebody plowed right through the middle of them. Then used metal jigs around the bridge pilings with more shorts but did hang one large fish at piling #13 on a single hook metal jig. Felt like I hung a brick wall till it started fighting. Threw the jig about half way to the boat and never saw him. Surface water temp by the end of day was pushing 60 degrees again. I think we need a little cooler water to get things really moving. FYI, fueled up at Best Marine at $2.87/gal for non-eth

·
Registered
421 Posts
Similar results for us, but managed one 20" fish from the packs of small fish. Had a couple other fish that seemed good come unbuttoned. Nothing off the pilings for us.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The two I brought home had glass minnows in their stomachs. But there was a lot of bait we marked that had to be menhaden with how it gave us false bottoms on the bottom machine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Our rockfish have been full of menhaden, white perch and 1 had mantis shrimp. 2 weeks ago we were catching our limit and tons of throwbacks. The last 3 days one keeper per day and very few throwbacks. Must have lost our touch even though we have been right with the other boats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts