Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sucked. Was supposed to go deep, sea bassing and then after grouper, but at 4 am when we pulled out of rudee, we were met with 8 footers. Went in, had pancakes tried to pull out again at 7 am, same thing. Made it approximately 10 miles out the second time when my props came out of the water. Thats doing something on a 42 footer when you are only going 12 knots. Anyways, combination of that and the freezing spray 2 inches thick on the deck sent me home. What a bummer. Also, saw a cat try to come up on plane while coming out of the inlet and before he could even clear the jettys, I guess he threw the throttle up too soon and watched half the gear on his hard top snap. Looked like and antenna and an outrigger. Sounds like I wasnt the only one having a ****ty morning.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I did get a limit of pancakes. Then a limit of bloody mary's and clam strips at Big Sams. Thanks for the good time Jake, we will get them when this weather clears.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yep, days like this make us appreciate those "other" days.
I waited until noon to pull DAWGONIT out from yesterday's melee and give her a wash and get rid of the frozen, dried, refrozen salt.
Evan.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Damn sounds like OI....glad I went to the mountains and missed it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thanks for giving it a try Jake. One of the boats that was going out as we were coming back in was a 19 ft. center console..... guys just don't understand that once you go in the water when it's that cold you loose the ability to swim in 3 minutes..... 25 minutes and you're dead.

We'll get 'em next time Jake!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
25 minutes.... most people would be dead in 39 degree water in less than 10. And thats IF you survive hitting the water. Many things can happen when you hit water that cold, a heart attack can occur or when met with impact of the cold water, many people go into shock instantly and if their head is under water, muscles instantly tense up causing all the air in the lungs to be exhaled, followed by a big inhale that fills the lungs with saltwater, causing the person to sink.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yep, it was bad on the water and freezing. On that last attempt I thought we'd have to chisel Jake from the helm there was so much ice on him. Looking forward to the next attempt. We'll get then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts