Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got out of the creek about 1:30 sunday afternoon. Headed straight for windmill. after about 15 mins we picked up the first spanish. got another a few minutes later then nothing till we found some nice size blues on the north side of the bar. spent the rest of the day chasing the schools around the bar. Menhaden were thick. snagged a couple in the lines and on the spoons several times. stayed out till dark and at night fish were breaking everywhere on the bar. kept the 2 spanish and about 8 blues. largest blue was probably 5 lbs and had one 20in spanish. spanish on gold spoons behind the planers and blues on everything. even reeled in the head on a small trout but something chomped on it.

Andy

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trying this again, and of course cause of the three screw ups earlier I have used up my 6 photos so oh well

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds great, you did better than my wife Kathy and I did. We were there in the morning on Sunday, and didn't pick up any spanish in 4 hours of fishing. However, we did get 6 blues, two around 3 lbs. We got into some of them breaking on the surface by the yellow buoy/reef and caught those casting spoons on light spinning tackle. We found the reef about 200 yards (rough guess?) to the southeast of the buoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts