Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got away from the dock at 7am and started looking for birds below MOW. It didn't take long before we were bailing dinks left and right. We moved around a few times looking for better fish. Finally, my son catches a 21". Then just as he's unhooking, I hear "this is a big fish". My brother was behind me and hooked into a 32" beauty. We finished the day with many more dinks, but the one fish made our day. There's just nothing better than a big fish on light tackle.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's encouraging, spent several hours today catching 6 to 16 inch rockfish in the same area, good to know there are bigger ones out there.
Thanks for the report

-- shout

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fished exact same area Sunday. Moved away from the birds( most all birds were terns) and started casting slicks three on board finished up jigging a total of seven 30"-33 1/2". Did not catch one dink all day. Wished we could have caught some unders but just didn't happen. Secret is stay away from the terns most of which we are see on the upper bay and keep them jigs on or near the bottom. Went out again this evening solo, got 5 more over 30 all released!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts