Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the dock late Sunday morning (10:30 AM) for the first fishing trip of the year. Tide had already turned but was hoping to catch the last little bit of it. Headed to #9 (at my wife's suggestion) and put out 4 umbrella rigs, 2 white and 2 chartreuse, 2 with weights and 2 without. Hooked up at 11:00 AM just southwest of #9 – 35” and fat. Got him on the white without weight 75’ back on the starboard side at 2.5 mph (gps), heading into the wind. Reeled in the weighted chartreuse and replaced it with white tandem bucktails, no more luck. Tide went slack and we headed in shortly thereafter. I think we could’ve gotten another one if we left the dock a little earlier. I think a lot of boats out of Lewisetta had a good day.

Capt. Jeff Gantnier & Capt. Liz Gantnier onboard the Lizzard.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Jeff, thanks for the report, sounds like you had a good day. We fished sat. Sun and Mon. and caught our limit each day in the same area. My brother Jeff (Big Nibble) fished with us yesterday. The tide seems to really play a big part in these fish biting.

Mushy

·
Registered
4 Posts
GOT ONE WORD FOR YOU... "PRETTY BIRD"

Great Catch, Nice Fish!!! Thanks for the Post. Let's hook up sometime and do a little trolling.

Where is Pat and Ed?

BigNibble

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fished outta monroe bay sunday we caught a few small striper
but thats about it guess we were about 5 miles south of colonial beach area anyone else have better luck?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
84 Posts
What a small world ... hello Jeff and Liz Sheridan Gantnier! It's Linda Tucker; that's my baby girl with the 43" we caught Sunday posted under Krunch.

Hope you are doing well and we can run into you at the river sometime. Wish you could have made it to the 50th!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
84 Posts
What a small world ... hello Jeff and Liz Sheridan Gantnier! It's Linda Tucker; that's my baby girl with the 43" we caught Sunday posted under Krunch.

Hope you are doing well and we can run into you at the river sometime. Wish you could have made it to the 50th!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts