Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on-line. What do you guys think of it? I'm in favor of it. You can fish on Sundays so why not hunt. I know I may be opening a can of worms but we'll see.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SHV/petition.html

·
Registered
770 Posts
I favor no hunting on Sunday.The dogs and I both need a rest day and if you could hunt on Sunday I would have to hunt Sunday.[grin]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bring it on! Only thing that they should do; however, is just let you hunt with the cross bow on Sunday------just kidding[grin]

I am kinda on the fence on this one. As much as I like to hunt and would like every opportunity to be in the woods I tend to agree with Jeff---we need a day to rest. Oh well, we'll see.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I do not like it. God is worthy to be praised. Do not wait for 6 strong men and a black Cadillac to take you to church. To much hunting or fishing or anything which directs our attention from God becomes an idol. Idolitry is a sin. -Kepone

·
Registered
339 Posts
[Q]kepone cats originally wrote:
I do not like it. God is worthy to be praised. Do not wait for 6 strong men and a black Cadillac to take you to church. To much hunting or fishing or anything which directs our attention from God becomes an idol. Idolitry is a sin. -Kepone
[/Q]

Good point; however, just because one COULD potentially hunt on Sunday does not mean he HAS to. We all make choices---so if a true Christian who is faithful to God does not want to hunt on Sunday then that is his choice, no one can MAKE him hunt on Sunday. Maybe that will just test one's faith even further. What is the difference in hunting on Sunday than any other activity that people participate in (i.e. fishing, golfing, boating, NASCAR)? Like I said each individual has the right to choose how thay want to spend their time, leagalizing Sunday hunting won't impact your salvation one bit. Just live and let live.[smile]

·
Registered
877 Posts
My wife complains I am never home now, Huntin on sunday.... oh lord the divorce rate would skyrocket! [wink]

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
MD is starting to allow it bit by bit, I wish they would they would just go all out and do it.

My biggest push for sunday hunting is to allow a "make up" day for those saturdays when it's blowing 30 MPH and raining and sunday it's calm and clear after that front, or if there are family obligations that prevent a saturday hunt. There's no better opportunity then the day after a nasty windy rainy day. Can't wait 'til tomorrow morning. ML does, mmmmmmmmmm.

Hunting is about priorities and where you put them. Church, family, work, honey do's etc. You make the time when you make the decision to make the time.

I had alwasy heard the sundayhunting was banned because the farmers wanted a break from people being on their land. If that's true then they should just give permission to hunt but no sundays allowed.

·
Registered
628 Posts
[/Q]

Completely irrelevant in my opinion. If your only thinking of God on Sunday you are already messing up. If you want to go to church then go, you can hunt that afternoon. If you want to do your praying and worshiping from the tree stand then do that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
We went through this last year so somebody can pull up that thread. I might could understand if deer season only lasted a total of maybe a month, but in Virginia General Archery Season comes in the first Saturday in October and the last day to hunt deer generally is what the first Saturday in January. These are general dates, some areas allow deer hunting to start earlier and some areas dont close deer season until later. I dont know about some of you guys but once January roles around I am tired of hunting and I dont even hunt every single d

I do have to support Kepones post also, in the history of Va the Bible was a key in determining rules and regs. We just seem to be one of the last still banning hunting on Sunday.

·
Registered
421 Posts
All for it, I thank god every time I have the chance to hunt, I may be waisting my time if god only listens on Sunday. I travel 2.50 hours to hunt quality private land and it would be nice to have an extra day on the weekend. The Sunday hunt law change a few years back in West Virginia, it is only open in some counties on private land only.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The animals need a rest too! I would hate to see orange hats along Rt. 5 every day of the week until early January. I do not know what I would do. By the third week of gun season I am ready for it all to end. I generally tag out with a bow and muzzleloader anyhow. There should be one day where hunters do not feel obligated to hunt and this is done by making sunday a no hunting day. Spend the time resting, serving at church somehow, attending church, cookouts with family or whatever. [shy]

·
Registered
339 Posts
The animals need a rest too! I would hate to see orange hats along Rt. 5 every day of the week until early January. I do not know what I would do. By the third week of gun season I am ready for it all to end. I generally tag out with a bow and muzzleloader anyhow. There should be one day where hunters do not feel obligated to hunt and this is done by making sunday a no hunting day. Spend the time resting, serving at church somehow, attending church, cookouts with family or whatever. [shy]
[/Q]

Seems to me that just because you don't want it you want everyone else to not want it ---- well too bad. Like I said earlier you don't have to hunt on Sunday. Go to church if that is what you want to do, no one will force YOU to hunt. And if you tag out so early why do you even care? To each his own, LIVE and LET LIVE. Don't try to force your convictions on other people. That is one thing that makes me crazy about most church folks. Just cause they think a certain activity, beverage, lifestyle etc is wrong, then IT MUST BE WRONG. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Poor deer. Poor critters.

Greedy plump white men tend to view VA's wildlife in the same manner they view the all-U- can eat restaurant. They just do not know when to quit!
[
grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][sad][sad][sad]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Poor deer. Poor critters.

Greedy plump white men tend to view VA's wildlife in the same manner they view the all-U- can eat restaurant. They just do not know when to quit!
[
grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][grin][sad][sad][sad][sad]
[/Q]

Greedy????? Why do you boast about tagging out, seems to me you might be a little greedy---just an observation. [grin][grin]

·
Registered
887 Posts
I prefer to use the terms successfullness, skillfullness or effective in the field rather than greedy. If I was greedy I would kill 15-20 deer and not tag them like some people in VA do. I would also not watch does and small bucks feed around my stand for hours and then let them walk off if I were greedy. Deer deserve one day of the week during the season to rest and not be shot at or be chased by walkers and beagles. I shot a deer last year in front of dogs that was so tired from running its muscles were locked up and tight. I contribute my success to hunting deer in the early season before shotgun bubba and his dogs enter the woods.

Just my thoughts, Kepone

·
Registered
166 Posts
I lived out in Jackson Hole Wy for a while, and when I told people it was illegal to hunt on Sundays, everyone acted like I was crazy.
It was perfectly legal and not everyone hunted on Sundays. And it made for less people in the woods at any particular time because not everyone was crammed into just hunting Saturdays. It made the weekends just like a weekdays.

Think about how much more money for the state would be generated by simply allowing people to hunt one extra day a week!!!!!!!! People would travel more, buy more food, more people would buy more supplies simply for the chance of going.

I favor it, and have signed the petition.
God has nothing to do with it.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts