Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 8 hours Sunday, 11 hours Monday.

Trolled, jigged, and bottom fished for perch using bw.

Bear Creek, Key Bridge, Ft Carroll, Brewerton, Man O War, Hodges, Swan Point, Belvidere Shoals and the Knolls, Love Point, Magothy/Podickery, Dumping Grounds, Craig Hill.

Sunday 3 dozen shorts on stingsilvers and my first ever top water on a chug bug in 25 feet of water in the middle of the 'above-the-bridge' bay. Biggest fish was the top water, 18 inches.

Monday 1 fish jigged up off a lump I literally always catch fish on and that was it for the day.

Trolled various tandems and spoons from 45 to 2 feet deep and nary a whiff.

Jigged stingsilvers and kasmasters and Hopkins and a 1/2oz bucktail with a 3 " gulp in white.

Nary a nibble on the bloodworms. Moved and anchored a dozen times.

New to me boat ran great, so glad I moved up as Monday would have been too snotty for my old boat.

Only real negative is I shoulda brought sunscreen.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thanks for the report!! Seems a lot of the fish we want in our coolers are in very shallow including perch which seems a little strange but I know for sure there have been some good catches of perch in rivers shallow as 2 or 3 feet deep. J

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Thanks for a detailed report

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Thanks for the report!! Seems a lot of the fish we want in our coolers are in very shallow including perch which seems a little strange but I know for sure there have been some good catches of perch in rivers shallow as 2 or 3 feet deep. J
I will be fishing for perch in shallow water tomorrow morning off a few piers in Oxford MD. Will let you know if still in the shallow water where I have been catching them for a few months. I know the rock are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts