Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of Crab Creek around 5:30 to ocean side Eastern Shore. Caught one red within 45 minutes and nothing except a sea turtle after. Headed in around 10pm. Pretty choppy on Northern side of bay and in ocean since there was a pretty stiff southwest breeze. Disappointed catching only one fish but it was nice getting the boat out for the first time in 2015.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We got out there about 5 also and saw 3 other boats. We anchored up but then one of the crew started chunking even though we had plenty of bait. It took us about 45 minutes to get back to crab creek. I wonder how the other boats did? I didn't see the 2 foot chop as predicted?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I left at 1400... I knew at 0900 I wasn't drumming later in the day. The weatherman was way off all the way around.

I did did get a 47" cobia on a clam though, and had a 8-10' bull shark try and eat it 3 times at the boat.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We anchored up in 9 -10 foot of water outside Smith Island Inlet. My boat sits high in the water so it wasn't too bad anchored up but no way I'd do it, especially where we were, in a 24 footer. But...When we were headed out and about half way there I told the guy with me that we wouldn't see anyone anchored for drum because of the chop but I was wrong. I saw three boats clustered together anchored inside the 10 & 11 buoys off Fisherman's Island and another boat between them and the bridge. One was a bigger boat with their outriggers out. I wonder how they did because I'd rather anchor there on a stiff SE wind than in the swells right before they break outside Smith I. Inlet in the dark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts