Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on Sunday out of West Point based on the fishing report in Friday's RTD. Started out looking around to see where the other boats were and found most folks down the river around the light tower. We pulled up and marked lots of fish in about 28-30 foot of water. Dropped anchor and dropped lines with both squid and bloodworms alternated to see what worked. Within minutes we had fish on and in the cooler. Many times we had three or four fish on at the same time. We caught around 60 croakers there and had 6 or 7 well over 2 lbs and one was 2 1/2 lbs. We then moved back towards town and continued to catch fish in 16-17 feet of water. By the time it was all said and done we had caught and released over 120 fish and brought about 45 home for meals and for strip bait for flounder. What an awesome day on the water. It was slick like a bathtub and sunny. If anyone says that the fish are not here they are crazy. Good luck and keep those lines tight.

[excited][excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
531 Posts
We were right there with you. Set up on a bunch of fish just east of the light on the drop off.

It was a chinese firedrill for a while! Shrimp was the prefered bait over squid for us.

Found lots and lots of spots with no fish, while looking for them. Remember rule #1 when fishing: "Don't fish where there ain't no fish."

Our bite turned off after about 2 hours and we just left with a box full to get an early start on cleaning! We would have moved anyway as another boat decided to snug up to us instead of using my fishing rule #2: "Find your own damn fish."

We also saw marks that looked like schoold of rockfish in the mix. Stacked up in the middle of the water.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Nice report...Thanks. I'm gonna try 'em this afternoon. I usually fish out of Deltaville & am not very familiar with that stretch of the York around West Point. I'm gonna put in at the public ramp in West Point & run down river a ways. How far down is the light tower you mention in your report?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.