Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Enough talk of politics. Who wants to fish?

The weather reports for Sunday are looking nearly perfect, so my buddy Jon is heading South again to catch some stripers off the NC coast. He has a good crew, but is looking for another guy or two. He went out last week and had a great time. There were birds, and whales, and everybody got their limit. I am kicking myself, because I didn't go, but I am in this weekend.

We'll be leaving at o-dark thirty from Little Creek and heading South Sunday to th usual hot spot.

Oh yeah. We are going to leave early enough to get back for the Super Bowl. What could be better? Fishing and football in the same day.

PM me or call for details.

757-636-8960
Henri

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wish I could, did a 4 day trip to Hi 2 weeks ago and been goose/duck hunting pretty hard since. Pulled my 11 yr old son out of school about 5 days last three weeks. Very very close to the "invisible" line I don't want to cross w/ my wife. She doesn't like me to pull him out of school too much, can't convice her that he is in school. ROCKFISHING AND BIRD HUNTING SCHOOL!!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish I could, did a 4 day trip to Hi 2 weeks ago and been goose/duck hunting pretty hard since. Pulled my 11 yr old son out of school about 5 days last three weeks. Very very close to the "invisible" line I don't want to cross w/ my wife. She doesn't like me to pull him out of school too much, can't convice her that he is in school. ROCKFISHING AND BIRD HUNTING SCHOOL!!!!!
You do have it bad. If you feel like giving into the tempation, we'll be back before dark. I'm really kicking myself for not going last weekend. The fishing was epic.

I've pushed it this year too though. I got up at 5am to tell my wife I was going fishing after being out until 11pm the night before and have gone during the work day more than once. Good thing I work out of the house. My wife was pretty pissed about the 5am thing though. She wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day, and didn't even smile when I came home with a nice striped bass caught from the surf. I couldn't even mention fishing for weeks without her giving me that look.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya'll should have just married someone who likes to fish and stay out of the doghouse.....

http://www.cupidfish.com/
Yeah, she does, but not when it's 30 degrees out and still dark. I gotta give her a lot of credit, because she does get up to make me breakfast even when I'm going fishing at 5am, so in that she totally supports my fishing. She bought my first surf reel for me for Christmas too. Besides, she knows that fishing's better than hanging out at the bar, where I might catch something other than dinner. You can't find that on a dating website. Oh yeah, she looks good in a bikini too. That's why she stays on the shoreline while I fish on the piers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.