Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather in a tizzy...Arctic Cold front due in Tue-Wed and TS/Hurricane Gamma being off the NC/VA coast about the same time I'm thinking we might get hammered with A Snowy Nor Easter for Thanksgiving...Sunday evening is looking good for Lesner...anybody wanna tag along?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
about 4:30 I'm getting pumped...walk out to the garage and start getting things together...ole lady walks out and says...looks like your going fishing....hand goes to hip...hip gets kicked out to the side...bottom lip protrudes...I thought you were going to drive me to William and Mary this evening...oh well...head hangs low...bottom lip protrudes... puts rods away...LOL

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I'm thinking you didn't fish............ [wink]

Kind of like my story on Saturday .............. in a remote sort of way. Call friend and told him I'd take him fishing in my boat (not the yak). He said okay. I loaded up the boat, ice in fish box, lunch and drinks in cooler, etc. Pull boat to his house and happen to mention that I had a spark plug that was not coming out too easy.

"let's get that plug out before we go fishing". I say, "Are you really sure you want to do this now? why not wait until we come back since the boat runs fine." He says, " Ah we can get ti done". I submit.

TWO and HALF HOURS later we got the snapped off plug out and that was after we pulled the riser and manifold. [excited]

So, now I pull the boat home and unpack all the stuff in it. Need to fix this thing, so I spend Saturday evening cleaning it all up for painting and and re-assembly.

Sunday afternoon I'm priming the manifold and riser and sanding the oil pan to paint it (had a leak between the riser and manifold that caused the problem). He calls and asks if he has to throw back a 31.5" striper................. [sad] I said yes......... ................................................................................................................and went back to work on my boat. But yaks are ALWAYS ready to go...........and saved the day.....[grin][excited][excited][grin]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gary,
I see where you wrote that the "yaks" saved the day. I'm hoping you caught a lot of good fish. When I went with Dennis we didn't get the light fixed and I don't think we caught over six fish and the largest might have made 14 inches. Sorry that we didn't get together. Hoping to correct that........Mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts