Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had high hopes of big rockfish after this week of cold weather, but we had to settle for a bunch of nice togs...Left Little Creek at 6am with my buddy Tyson and friends Justin and Jerry from Richmond. Made a course for the first island and started wirelining the tube around 645. We couldnt seem to make it happen so we decided to catch the first of the ebb tide for togs. We set up near the hi-rise with crab for bait and only managed one tog in about 1.5 hours, but he was a nice one.

At 10am we rode North to Kiptopeke and drifted eels for a couple hours without a bite. I wasnt really confident on the rockfish so after talking to Al B on the cell phone, we decided to catch the last of the ebb tide for togs...and glad we did. Al and I set up on adjacent pilings and after about a 30 minute wait...the dinner bell rang!!! The bite only lasted about 45 minutes, but it was ON. We landed 6 togs and from the looks of things, the guys on Al's boat were doing every bit as good!

We ended up catching 8 togs with 5 keepers, with the biggest at 6 lbs.

Ed

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Ed good seeing you out there today. Congrats on the catch.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Ed - good fishing alongside you guys. HEY, that's the Honey Hole in the background of your first pic! We'll get back on'em soon.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Nice jobs on the TOGS Ed and crew~~ I am hungry now!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ed,

How's the boat doing?

I hope to get out during the next few days. Are you planning on fishing or do you have to leave town for the holiday?

Call on Wednesday if you get a chance.

Ric

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey Ric,

Gonna be in Richmond for Turkey Day, then here for the weekend. If Sunday's weather cooperates we'll be out there. The boat is great by the way; got the curtains on this past weekend.

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts