Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Nice report, especially with the missus. Looks like a perfect date to me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, we have caught bowfin "grinnel" in the past, but it's been a few years. Look for sandbars along the bank giving way to deep water directly out in front. After they tear up three or four expensive spinner baits you probably won't want any more. You can catch them in the warm months. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Mac & Ruth,

Barb and I Just looked at your web site. You guys really put it together very nicely! We really enjoyed it. I like the one with the guy in the green kayak fighting what looks like a shark (fin out of the water). :p

Steve standing up in my kayak is good, too. :rolleyes: :D :D

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the website... I hadn't seen it. Great photos!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Tarpon 140's will take in a little water and it does seem to stay in the cockpit area. The Tarpon 160's that we're paddling, the bottom is deeper at the forward end of the cockpit so we don't have a lot of water up where we are sitting. I do have the holes plugged directly behind the seat back. In the summertime when you don't have wet suits or chest waders and you need to take a relief stop, it just runs down the front of the boat down the scupper holes. That's pretty handy when you just have swim trucks on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts