Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...the weatherman has blown it again. Got up at 6:30 this morning and looked at the marine forecast...

Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
Forecast as of 6:21 am EST on November 2, 2008
Chesapeake Bay From New Point Comfort To Cape Henry Va-
Today
NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft...building to 3 ft in the late morning and afternoon.
Tonight
E winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
Mon
E winds 10 kt. Waves 1 foot.
Mon Night
E winds 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of rain after midnight.
Tue
NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain

And to my surprise, I looked out the window and there's not on a ripple on the water (Little Creek/Pretty Lake). Fishweather.com says it's blowing from the west at 3kts...:D

Let's go fishin'!!!

Ed

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Ed just think you could be @ the Triangles or half way thereand the wind fan turns on and your in 5'ers and hate'en it. Don't worry Ed it will blow.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sure it will, Billy, but in the meantime I'm gonna haul a$$ to the 4th Island and bust some rockfish:clap:.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Damn right Ed! Wish I'd known I would of rode with ya! good luck

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Well...the weatherman has blown it again. Got up at 6:30 this morning and looked at the marine forecast...

Small Craft Advisory in effect through this evening
Forecast as of 6:21 am EST on November 2, 2008
Chesapeake Bay From New Point Comfort To Cape Henry Va-
Today
NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft...building to 3 ft in the late morning and afternoon.
Tonight
E winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
Mon
E winds 10 kt. Waves 1 foot.
Mon Night
E winds 10 kt. Waves 1 to 2 ft. A chance of rain after midnight.
Tue
NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of rain

And to my surprise, I looked out the window and there's not on a ripple on the water (Little Creek/Pretty Lake). Fishweather.com says it's blowing from the west at 3kts...:D

Let's go fishin'!!!

Ed
PATIENCE, it's coming :eek2: ...... if you want a hour by hour forecast you need to look here FishWeather.com - Wind Forecasts. I'd say that the NMS did the right thing by posting the SCA :yes:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I thought the same thing when I got up at 4 this morning .........called Tony at 5 and we were on the road by 6 and headed out of crab creek......drifted the tubes for 4 hours in flat calm seas and no wind......headed in at 11 .......1 fish........and saw NO other boats get any either.......you didnt miss much thats for sure.

Still better than what most did !

Tony:: YOUR WELCOME

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, we made it out to the 3rd/4th islands and had some decent action on bucktails. We had to weed through the bluefish, but finally managed my 2 keeper rockfish. Glad we were able to make it out before the blow.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts