Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys maybe you can help me out with this... I had a pair of Costa TP2's several years ago with the cheap plastic lenses, they never gave me a problem.

Last year I bought a pair of 580 Fathoms with blue mirror. After wearing them for a hour or so they would make my neck sore. Like the little muscles on the sides and back of my neck.
I figured since they fit me a little loosely that I was unknowingly using my neck and face muscles to keep them from slipping... So i sold the fathoms and bought the 580 harpoons... They fit me a lot better but i still get "neck fatigue" I'll call it.

Anyone ever have this? I don't know. could it be the fit or the 580 lenses doing this to me? but i can't stand to have them on more than an hour.

Thanks in advance guys...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I used to have this problem when I wore cheap glasses, but when I bought my first pair of Maui Jims, I havent had that problem since. I have no explanation why you are experiencing this with the Costas though.... I can only guess that they do not fit properly, and you are compensating and over compensating for that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am a weirdo when it comes to sun glasses. I am the guy who will sit at the counter for 30 minutes with a pair of glasses on to test them out before I buy them.:yes: I now have costa 580 Frigates. All sunglasses are different and they don't all fit my face well. I don't care what they cost so long as they work, don't cause visual anomalies and don't hurt my face/head/neck/ears/nose having them on. Try a new pair.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so this is a pretty standard problem then... Thats cool I just never had a pair that caused pain like this before.

Looks like it to ebay with the harpoons and back to the tp2's.

Lightman: Thanks for that insight.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Id see a doctor to have the mussels removed, or at least try some butter and garlic.
Ive never had a problem with my costas but I ve never tried the 580s, but I would stay with glass lenses

Jeff

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Does it only happen when you are looking at the fish finder for long periods?

On a friend's boat my neck would burn so bad after about four hours of looking at his meter it became very annoying. I use tri-focals and was holding my head up at an unusual angle to see the meter clearly. Fortunately he got a new boat. I have not noticed it on his new one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mean I wear them pretty much all the time... While driving/on the water/hunting anytime I am outside in the daytime.... I just have to remove them every hour or so for a few mins to work the kinks out of my neck.... And I am not going to put up with that anymore.... They are officially for sale if anyone wants them...$100+shipping... Iam gonna go back to the tp2's.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Slo-Pitch, It sounds like you went the wrong way choosing your costa's. If your TP2's fit you better with no problems,then you bought the fathoms that felt too loose or big, then you went to the harpoons that are even larger than the fathoms. Go to a web site Framesdirect.com and pull up the glasses your speaking of,they will give you the measurements. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Don't know if it's related or not but I have a similar problem. Glasses are fine until I do something physical and they cause a pain behind my ears and down the neck - I assume there's some blood supply line not liking the tension of the arms. Loosen the arms and they fall off, can't win.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts