Tidal Fish Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
892 Posts
I just came in from checking for yellow perch on Gray's Run off the Bush River in Harford County, one of my early-in-the-year fishing spots, and lots of other people, too.
And guess what? A 1,428-gallon sewage spill caused by an industrial grease clog has the area posted off-limits until further notice.
I'm going to note that in my column.
Next I'm heading to Timonium to the show.
That's what I'm doing.
I notice you use but don't subscribe to Tidal Fish. Hello!!!!! Free rides like that keep businesses from growing. Duh.
Candy, I was in no way responding to your post. I'm thinking this response may have been directed at me? If so, I was posting to everyone reading this thread. In fact I hadn't read your post when I replied. Was saying what we are all doing on this site is why newspapers aren't surviving in the same format. We are using the internet for our information. That's all I was saying, so please don't take offense-it was in no way directed at you as it appears you took it. I have read many of your articles, but on the net, not in print, and I certainly appreciate what you are doing. It's just a different media and it's how "newspapers" will be in the future. There will be a lot less employees of the "papers" but they will exist in cyberspace in a different media.

I am not a subscriber, I have been. I was and I used to post reports with my limited knowledge. I rarely do now for a number of reasons which would be a whole different thread.

· Registered
702 Posts
is that within two years, most newspapers will shift operations to the Web and the print edition will be reduced to a Sunday paper and a specialized, small circulation daily.
Hearst just announced that it's shutting down the Seattle Post-Intelligencer if a buyer isn't found in 60 days. It's not likely that a buyer will be found in 60 days ...

· Registered
837 Posts
How ironic we're all here on the internet and not reading newspapers talking about no one reading the newspaper due to the internet.:D

· Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, just talked to five of my friends at the Seattle paper. One guy is three months from retirement, another just put his mom into an assisted-care facility after burying his dad late last year.
Anytime someone speak gleefully about the death of the Sun, I think of the majority of the 2,000 or so employees--the women who take classifieds, the guys who work at Sun Park--they're the ones who will be really hurting.

· Premium Member
26,897 Posts
Don't forget the thousands of young businessmen who got their first taste of working by delivering the paper.Might not have paid much but it sure taught a lot of young guys job responsibility :yes:.

The internet is OK for some news but far too often a rumor is reported as fact.The papers have more time to check things out.Most of the real news on the internet comes from the papers.

· Registered
116 Posts
"The internet is OK for some news but far too often a rumor is reported as fact.The papers have more time to check things out.Most of the real news on the internet comes from the papers."

Try reading the sunpaper a little closer. (or doing some research to check the facts) They live on twisting the truth to whatever pushes their agenda or sells some papers in a desperate attempt to avoid the in-evadible. Those who work there know this is true. They do more harm then good. Again - Good riddance.

The kids collected a couple of bushels of pine cones today so we are good to go in our new paper free home.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.