Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My onboard fuel capacity is 94 gallons, which is plenty for most of my fishing excursions but, I'd like to bring extra for some of my longer trips. I was looking at some of the "spill proof cans", they seem better than the standard gas cans sold at the auto parts stores.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I tried this once in OI going offshore in a 20 ft boat with an 80 gal capacity. I got four five gal cans and carried them along. I didnt need them luckily cause I tried the drill of refueling at sea and there was just no way to get it in the tank while rocking and rolling and well...you get the picture. The regular six gal. tanks worked much better with the quick disconnect fittings like that of a small outboard. Use one up and just change tanks. The boat I have now is large enough that I can use a 25 gal on deck tank. I run out on that and use it up first. That way I can remove it when MT and have a full deck for fishing. Its relatively light and easy to store out of the way. It also didnt break the bank.

·
Registered
108 Posts
6 gal tanks for smaller outboard...use them first then tie them out of the way or on the t top or whatever...safer and cleaner than pouring gas...make sure the fuel line you are going to use with the 6 gal tanks doesnt have any water in it or you will be in trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts