Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to surf fishing, so bear with me... I'm planning on going next weekend out to the MD shore and would like some tips on what to use for bait. I was planning on just using a simple texas rig with a 2/0 hook. I don't really care what I catch, but if I can get somthing that tastes good, that would be a plus. Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Everything tardo said and blood worms and even sand fleas if you can dig them up. Take some spoons and bucktails to cast becuase if the blues hit the beach and you don't have a lure ready you will regret it the rest of your surf fishing life.

·
Registered
477 Posts
it will be unmistakable, birds diving or your mono getting cut on your bottom rig. not saying use steel leaders (unless the blues are big and you see the birds) but with most bottom rigs for say flounder the leader is mono and it'll get cut.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took a friend fishing last month on Assateague and we did well with crab and clam fishbites. Put one on with a sand flea for drum. I like to use a standard two dropper bottom rig.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I took a friend fishing last month on Assateague and we did well with crab and clam fishbites. Put one on with a sand flea for drum. I like to use a standard two dropper bottom rig.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
If you have a smoker, get some finger mullet and finger mullet rigs (the ones with the big colorful floats). Should be plenty of action on blues, but keep the rod in your hand, if you put it back in the sand spike you'll likely end up with just the head of the finger mullet. May also get some bloodworm fishbites (artificial bait) and use little 3/8" sections on a top-n-bottom rig just behind the breakers for kings and croakers. Usually only smaller fish are available through the summer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you are new to surf fishing here is some good information on how to read the surf. This will give you a starting point to know what kind of water to look for.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=417339

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
[Q]Krabaholic originally wrote:
If you are new to surf fishing here is some good information on how to read the surf. This will give you a starting point to know what kind of water to look for.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=417339

Thanks thats good reading materal

Phil you dont get off on smoked mullet......
[/Q][grin][grin]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts