Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has been doing any surf fishing along the South Carolina Coast, in particular, Isle of Palms. I'm heading down next week from MD. I usually try and do some surf fishing when we go down there, but not real familiar with surf fishing Just use shrimp and squid as bait, most of the time catching little sharks, no bigger than a foot or so. Have absolutely no idea what kind of shark it is, I'm assuming they are still baby sharks though.

If anyone has any advice on surf fishing down there it'd be greatly appreciated as I usually just cast out there and see what I pull in. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't surf fish the area either but know a few that do. They fish the bars for Pampano, flounder and reds with sand fleas (you can buy them frozen in the area), cut menhadden and shrimp (still hard to get) on a fishfinder or bottom rig.

Try breech inlet... It's the most popular spot I know. There are quite a few tackle shops in Mount Pleasant that can probably hook you up with the best info.

I used to fish the jetties (probably not technically correct) along James Island County park when I was growing up there. It's on the otherside of the harbor, but a nice place to try if you have the time.

Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts