Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with this leader material, and if so would you recommend it or others like it?

Surflon Micro Supreme Fishing Wire. American Fishing Wire.

With the Striper season likely to kick off this fall while there are still loads of bluefish in the bay, I was considering making the investment and integrating this into my light tackle rigs.

However, I'd rather give up tackle to hungry bluefish than miss out on picky stripers.

Is it that big a deal that stripers will pass on it and should I just stick with flouro and take my knocks from the blues?

I lost way way way too many nice BKD jig heads last weekend to those blues and so this has been on my mind.

Norman

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Does anyone have experience with this leader material, and if so would you recommend it or others like it?

Surflon Micro Supreme Fishing Wire. American Fishing Wire.

With the Striper season likely to kick off this fall while there are still loads of bluefish in the bay, I was considering making the investment and integrating this into my light tackle rigs.

However, I'd rather give up tackle to hungry bluefish than miss out on picky stripers.

Is it that big a deal that stripers will pass on it and should I just stick with flouro and take my knocks from the blues?

I lost way way way too many nice BKD jig heads last weekend to those blues and so this has been on my mind.

Norman
It is very good stuff. I use the camo color and stripers do not seem to mind it. The 26# is good for fly rods but I use 40# for spin and casting setups. Blues will eventually weaken even this wire material but it will last much longer than mono for fluorocarbon. It is easy to re-tie when it becomes frayed.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wild Bill,

Thanks much on this. Do you think the 20# is too light for spin setups (ie. My LTJ rig)?

Norman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts