Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat: Reel Attitude (The Original) There's an imposter out there in a Sea Pro (?)
Crew: Bill (Gatorman) Bud (or was it Butch:D ) and myself

Bait: Mud Minnows, Flounder Belly and various other nasty stuff from last season

Left the house in Chesapeake around 6:30am and after a quick stop at OE II we put in at Crab Creek. Headed out to the 8 mile mark after maneuvering around the ridiculously placed channel markers in the creek. Fished various locations Ocean side of the bridge and picked up 6 keepers and released a dozen or so short fish.

Bite slowed later in the afternoon so we moved to a location a little further NE. It wasn't long when Bill set the hook into another nice fish. Kept it up in there for a while catching 4 more keepers for a total of 10 on the day. Oh, the surprise fish!:oops: I almost forgot. It was a 23 or 24 inch Atlantic Pollock caught by, yes, you guessed it, Bill!:scratchchin3:

The Ol' Gatorman had the hot hand today, responsible for 7 of the keeper Flounder and the Surprise Pollock. Way to put the meat on the table there Bill.

Here are a few pictures from the day.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well like I said Lucian, Bill had the hot hand for the day. I was tripping over my lower lip as he reeled them in. :rolleyes:

Mike, not a problem. I've been wanting to see the position request and the group hail work. This can really be handy if people would start using it. Most think it enables others to see their location. They don't understand that you have to specifically request the position and the target has to respond in kind.

Nice day to be on the water today!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Big Catch

WTG on a fine catch yesterday Guys.

Bret ,
Bill outfished you on Flounders:eek2:

I think you did a lot better than the fleet out there yesterday though.Nice Pictures!
Regards

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Gator...

.....looks like your freezer is a member of the Head Start program for the fish fry! I guess Bret will have to satisfy himself with his balls......fish balls, that is! I see cannabalism is still in fashion and good of you to include him in the photo.

By the way........that is one nice Pollack! Haven't seen one that nice since I left the old neighborhood!:))

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
That's a nice haul guys!:rockingreport: Good to see you out there before you went postal on someone.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Congratulations Bret
Looks like you were the winner in just about everything. All we could manage was throwbacks with the largest at 18". Our surprise fish on the "last drift" was good sized shark.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chuck, I'm not too surprised that Bill out-Fluked me yesterday. After all, he did provide my initial training in the Flounder catching world. Sometimes going back to the Old Timers basics is all it takes.

Jimmy, let's set something up after next weekend. Need to collect some Tog for this year’s Fish Fry.

Doc Sanity, make sure you keep the 1st and 2nd Saturday in Aug open for the annual fish fry. I'll let you know which as we get a little closer. Don't know if this year’s will be bigger than last but I guarantee there'll be just as much food.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Butch, Bud, anything is better than Bruce :) Brett and Bill, thanks again for the trip and all the schooling I got from ya'll yesterday ! It sure was nice of you guys to share all that knowledge you've spent years learning, and we are talking alot of years when it comes to Bill :)

Bud

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
wow great suprise for sure - i had no idea ! i thought it was a cobia before i read and took a closer look !! sweet

·
Registered
650 Posts
flounder

Bret, Nice job on the flounder, you did have have the hot hand yesterday. Good to hear you on the radio yesterday, see you on the water. Doug.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts