Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I have some friends in from out of town and I was supposed to meet them at the Naval Academy to give them a tour this afternoon. I got there a little before them and was wondering what to do...well driving across the boathouse bridge I saw some interesting swirls in the creek and since I still know some people in the police there in case I got caught I pulled out my rod from my trunk and started tossing a spook from the boathouse dock..immediately had a nice blowup and brought a 20 inch rock in! Threw it back and proceeded to hammer rock from about 15-20 inches on topwater for 15 minutes until I had to meet them...I love keeping a rod in my car becasue you never know when the fishing will just show itself to you!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Damn how bout that. Cant beat it!

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Great way to kill some time Mark

we'll be out of Sandy Pt or Kent Narrows this weekend

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mark,
We'll be out there too...give us a shout on 68! I'll have two kids puking over the side!!!
Mark- give them each half a chewable dramamine- less drowsy formula. Works like a charm. I get sooo sea sick- but when I take dramamine, I can stay on the water all day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Spent many a day and night fishing along them walls :yes:. A lifetime ya could say :yes:, that started back in the early to mid 60's and ended May of 2003. That's when I retired. Back in the 60's I used to fish for yellow perch and pan rock while casting under the lights at night, especially near the foot bridge. Ya could fish during the daytime back then too, anywhere ya wanted. I've fished every square inch of that creek. Back then there were no restrictions fishing and crabbing the walls. Heck, many a night I dipped crabs walking the walls with a flashlight. The Cutter Shead was a nightly hot spot for some excellent rockfishing. Many a pan rock came over the walls of Santee Basin after sundown.
Pickerel fishing can be awesome back in yer creek too. I've seen bass sunning themselves back there with the bluegills. Caught many a rockfish back in there too, and just a few years ago, just back on the backside of King George St Bridge, I had something hooked up while trolling a shad dart/minnow combo that won a very respectable battle.
I used to trap my minnows along the rocks just to the backside of the building attached to that pier you were on. A good spot to locate my trap was at the culvert where it comes across from over towards the Fire Dept. Good flow there on a falling tide ;-). During the fall, (as a younger lad) my partner and I carried a fishing rod in our work truck. I can recall a time when I stopped the truck dead cold in broad daylight out on the seawall. We jumped out with poles in hand. He landed a nice bluefish. We were always ready for a blitz if they got close enough. Those were the good old days. Thanks for jogging some memories :clapping2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts