Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first day back in the water and fishing out of Oregon Inlet after the Big Rock week and subsequent annual haulout and yard work. We started at the 640 and never got lower or higher than the 660 all day. Opened up with a couple gaffers, then a nice yft, then a 500 lb blue marlin release, then a couple more nice yft. Missed other yft bites but a good day for the 2 grandparents and their 13 yr old grandson - 3 clients was it today so they said they had enough meat and pullage at 2 pm to make them happy and we ran home. First offshore day for the grandson so I guess he's going to have some reasonably high expectations from now on with his opening meatfish and nice blue girl.

We got blown/lightninged out this morning and the clients agreed the weekend forecast was not of interest to them, so I'm sitting out the weekend with the family and lots of house and other work to do. And maybe some beach and pool time with Sophia, now 2 years and 7 months old. Lisa is also 14 weeks pregnant with another girl - this will be our 3rd girl after Savannah and Sophia. Finally getting the big family going and Sophia is learning how to say "Captain Sophia".

Hope all is well with you guys and gals and that your summer fishing is great. I'll be down here another week then head up to OC. We're booked through this Tuesday then open Wednesday through Saturday.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
As a kid My father and I fished a lot of head/party boats out of N. Jersey. It is amazing to see how many of their daughters grew up and are now captaining these same or newer versions of the boats. My daughter holds an unlimited tonnage 2nd mates license and sails a super tanker out of Alaska. She fishes with me whenever she is home. The girls can be great companions.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Great report Charlie . Hope to catch you in OC .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts