Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some friends out for the YP Sunday and for the boys it was their first trip up there for the YP. Got to the ramp around 10am and started catching right away. The boys out caught the adults for sure. I was using a single minnow jig with a small sassy dipped in orange garlic dip that produced 12" fish while the others used a double rig with black back sassys. Mason, who helps me at the shows was using his hand tied flies, the darker flies worked best. He rigged two up with a bottom sinker, lots of doubles. It was cold but we fished until 3pm and no one complained. Kept a few for dinner. Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Good to see "The Boys" get out and catch a few. How many guys? How many fish and what did ya keep? Who had the hot rod?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were four of us fishing and we probably caught 100+ fish the entire day. We kept 20 fish and had a great dinner with the fillets. I would say that the hot rod was young Gus using a double rig with black back sassy's on a bare hook. He was really hitting the doubles. Don't forget your survey guys. http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/fish/yellowperch/default.asp Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts