Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you who know me know that fishing is my passion, and striper fishing is a big part of it. But so far this summer has been one for me to forget as far as striper fishing is concerned.Because of boat problems and health issues I didn't get out much. when i did get an invatation to Ho, had a couple of bad trips, so consequently, I didn't catch a legal striper this summer, but what an October I've had. It started with two weeks of fabulous trout fishing on the Bighorn river in Montana, and hammering monster smallmouths with my son right here in the Susquahanna river since I got home. He's the best smallmouth fisherman i know,and knows the river like the back of his hand. Yesterday we fished about four hours and landed 13 smallys only one was under 16 inches the largest was 20 1/2. this time of year is lunker time on the river for sure. The same goes for the montana rainbows and browns. Although the insect hatches this year were not great, we did great on hoppers and wooly buggers just under the surface.The pictures are not too good. i took them with my cell phone. I'm really looking forward to at least one trip to the CBBT. Hope to see some of you guys there. That is if I get my boat problems fixed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WOW now they are some very nice smallmouths WTG and I sure hope you can get your boat back on the water so you can make the trip to the promise land. Thanks for the report and pic's...:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Those Susky smallmouth are truly impressive!!! Can't beat October for big river smallies.

I did the Big Horn during September of 1989 on a rare day that fishermen pray for... dead calm, mild, sunny and the pale morning duns were so thick in the air that at times the sun appeared fuzzy. What a rememorable day THAT was.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Great pics of some great fish with a great PSU hat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts