Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The fall bite for smallies is starting to get primed in the Susquehanna River. The water levels in the river are low, but the clarity of the water is as good as it gets. Water temperatures from Harrisburg south are holding around 66 deg. F. As soon as we get back to some normal fall temperatures, the river temp should drop a few degrees and really push the small jaws into a feeding frenzy. When the cooler nights where upon us last week, some of the smallies where starting to school up, so we're close.

Water in the north branch of the Susquehanna is already in the low to mid 60's and the fishing is hot.

I've had good luck in the Harrisburg area on Lucky Craft Pointer 100 jerk baits and spinners baits. Some success on sassy shads and plastic grubs.

Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
good day with pullage

took a day off to fish speight run ... havent been in a few weeks .. launched at 8 am with my son .. no wind .. water temp was 58 .. he caught 4 bass all 1 to 3 lbs .. i caught 4 bass all 1 to 3 lbs also .. i got mine on a 4 inch senko .. he caught all of his on a crank bait .. we both lost 2 fish halfway to the boat .. in bewteen fishing holes we trolled for crappie we also had 8 nice ones .. good eating there .. 2 pike apiece also .. good day off for me .. came in at 1230 .. wind was blowing hard .. good luck anglers ..

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The susky was on fire tonight around Lancaster. 5" hard stickbait, jerk pause. Caught 8 between 1-3# in a couple hrs, missed at least as many. Tried alot of other things but always came back to the stickbait. Caught a couple on top but not like a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took a day off to fish speight run ... havent been in a few weeks .. launched at 8 am with my son .. no wind .. water temp was 58 .. he caught 4 bass all 1 to 3 lbs .. i caught 4 bass all 1 to 3 lbs also .. i got mine on a 4 inch senko .. he caught all of his on a crank bait .. we both lost 2 fish halfway to the boat .. in bewteen fishing holes we trolled for crappie we also had 8 nice ones .. good eating there .. 2 pike apiece also .. good day off for me .. came in at 1230 .. wind was blowing hard .. good luck anglers ..
Where's Speight Run at?

·
Registered
320 Posts
speights run

speights run is in suffolk va. the part of the lake he fishes in is off limits unless you live on that part of the lake, the other side is open for anyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts