Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a last minute invite to join Frog Hair for his first boat outing of the year (Thanks Wayne!). He had already launched the boat at Lapidum and picked me up at the pier in Havre De Grace. We ran to the Southern end of the Flats and joined another 10-12 boats in 6-10 feet of water. Saw a few fish being caught, but nothing real exciting. We started off bouncing bucktails and Bass Assassins off the bottom with only a few bumps here and there. Finally, after about an hour and a half into the outgoing tide we started using faster retrieves and really jigging the baits hard, then the action started. Wayne hooked up with a nice fish and quickly brought him in to the boat. Second cast, and he hooks up with another fish almost as soon as it hits the water. He proceeded to hook up with 8 fish on 8 consecutive casts. The largest fish must have been around 30 pounds that we lost at the side of the boat (but I have video to prove it ;) and the smallest fish was in the low 20" range. I landed a few nice fish with a few small schoolies mixed in. All our fish were caught on white bucktails with either a white or purple-white bass assassin type trailer. Also, the fish were really digging the fast retrieve with a few random jerks mixed in. I took the water temperature 2 times, in 2 locations with the readings at 48* and 49*. The action quickly died after about 45 minutes of solid action. Water clarity was great, 3-4 of visibility.

Here is Wayne with either the first or second of his string of 8 consecutive fish:

Wayne finally ended his streak and paused just long enough to take a photo of me!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
WTG guys. Look like you had yourself a good day. Hope all this rain the wx man is forcasting don't shut things down.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Ditto - appreciate the intel on the fast retrieve.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the report

·
Registered
32 Posts
This stuff is making me chomppppp at the bit. Cool report. I will be out Saturday..... Can't wait....It's like Christmas anticipation as a kid.. Thanks Guys

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts