Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much posting on the Bass Board so I figured I would post a photo from 2 weeks ago. Bought a new to me jet boat in December, fished the upper Potomac once and the Susquehanna 3 times. I don't know what makes the Susquehanna such an incredible fishery but it is great. We only fished 4 hours 2 weeks ago and had about 20 with my wife and brother-in-law who has never fished with a rod and reel until this year. This is my wife's best SM so far.

Lisa SM.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice fish! The Susquehanna is awesome, especially in the spring! Before I started fishing the bay, I fished the Susquehanna between the Juniata River and the Goldsboro area (just below Swatara Creek). Best day ever, we drove 2 hours from Md. only to find the river high and muddy. Guy at the tackle shop said we might find some clean water in Sherman's Creek. Sure enough when we got there the water was not only fishable but loaded with big fish! Reports like this make me sorry I sold my aluminum boat. :rockingreport:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That indeed is a very nice Susky smallmouth....WTG Mrs. Red :thumbup:

Nice fish! The Susquehanna is awesome, especially in the spring! sorry I sold my aluminum boat. :rockingreport:
I am fortunate to have grown up within walking distance of the Susky, across from Harrisburg. Don't really have much need for a boat there. Wet-wading was my forte...still is from July - Sept. Even jets have a tough time navigating my stretch of river. Locals here say it's 1 mile wide & 1 ft deep. World class fishing for smallies & the occasional Musky can be had when the river stage is at 3.3' or less, at least for my style of fishing. Again, WTG Mrs. Red.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
The Susquehanna is a great river. I fished it for about 20 years from The dam to the flats in the MD. section of the river. Large mouth, small mouth bass, and rockfish was great. That is a very good SM you got. :bigfish:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts