Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the river today, 12 May. The shad are definitely on the down turn but there are still some there. I caught about a dozen or so and saw several others catching as well. I could probably have caught more shad, but I was concentrating on a smoker full of white perch. I think I may have several more than a smoker full but some of them will wind up as fillets so that is ok. There are some nice WP up there and the females are now up river. I think some of the males I caught were spawned out. I will know for sure when I clean them tomorrow. Water temps are still 60.4-60.6 or so.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thanks Jerry - I may try it tomorrow - jigging for WP is REALLY a lot of fun even though most have been small - We are going to meet sometime. I'm fishing an 18' G3 with a 25 Yamaha and usually launch out of Lapidum.

Beginning next week I'll be rock fishing there and on the flats early.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get out Friday?

Yeah, maybe we will run into each other up there. I fish from a 14' Sea Nymph "V" hull with no markings and with a 20 hp. Tohatsu.

Good luck if you get out but the weather sure doesn't look very promising up until Thursday or so. I am hoping to be able to get out with my grandson on Friday for some perch.

I sent you a Pmail with a video link from last Thursday.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Because of weather I went on Saturday with an old friend - we caught several hundred WP and kept about 10 11-12" fish/. As you know best bite is on running water which we had for a while Saturday AM. Fish have seemingly moved up above Twin Bros. in about 6-8' of water.

Fished on 5/16 on the flats with a friend on his boat & caught limit plus many undersize rock fish and one VERY MUCH oversized fish. Went out again today on my boat alone - caught 6 fish - 7 undersized and one oversized fish - no keepers. PECO did not run the water their forecast predicted (again).

Have you heard of any reports from other areas????

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't heard from anyone on any of the other areas. I went up to the dam yesterday evening for some walleye but did not find any. I caught a few white perch and one chunky little smallmouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts