Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birds everywhere, rockfish chasing bait on surface, you could see those small rock busting through the water. Bottom bouncing produce 3 20" fish, only kept one though(Dinner). Took a top water lure(Mirror, I believe), remove 1 treble hook and cut 2 off the remaining hook. Troll that on top about 60' behind boat and was kept busy catching 12'-14' rock. Good time on the water till it got snotty around 3:30.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was out with the lady yesterday in the Patapsico inside the Key & tons of boats & birds were working round 8am but nobody trolling caught anything...We pulled 1 19.5 but nothing for hours later...Saw birds working again around 3 and put trolling rods away & caught 3 more lil guys with topwater trolling slow behind the boat...First time I've ever had luck trying that...had thrown a super spook in while trolling just for giggles & as I was reeling in last trolling rig in neutral, picked up a 19 on it while it was just floating there...we stayed out another hour & the lady picked up a couple more dinks but catching anything on a light action rod is fun so a nice way to end the day...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts