Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we all been enjoying this seasons most discussed method of fishing,livelining, when will you be switching to trolling, if at all?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Asked the same question a while ago. Most guys said around the first od november they will have switched to there normal trophy season spread, but with much more weight on the lines because the fish seem to hang deeper. So get ready the big boys are almost hear

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Been waiting on the water temps to drop a bit and the blues to start heading out....hopefully this weekend blow will trigger both events.
Planning to troll next time I go out, hopefully one day this week if I can bugger off work.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have already switched over but am running spoons due to the Blues. Another week or so before I put plastic in the water.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
things heat up around 3rd week of November usually....I usually count the first Sat after Thanksgiving as my Opening Day. It is also Deer Season...Its always a toss up every year:confused: hunt or fish?????????????

·
Registered
332 Posts
things heat up around 3rd week of November usually....I usually count the first Sat after Thanksgiving as my Opening Day. It is also Deer Season...Its always a toss up every year:confused: hunt or fish?????????????[/quote]

Come to my house, sleep on the porch, shoot all the deer that show up in my yard to eat everything that grows, and I'll take you fishing...same day. Only problem is I live in Fairfax County, where the discharge of a firearm is likely to result in jail time and deer are treated as an endangered species. They are so brazen now that when I go outside to chase them they don't even bother to raise the tail anymore. They just amble off ahead of whatever I throw.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Gooddog,
I'm in Farfetched too and can help you with that deer problem you have.
Send me a PM with an e-address and I'll shoot you a pic of one I stuck in the backyard last year.

BTW I'm gonna start trolling this coming weekend. I'll start with plastic, but will probably switch to steel after the 1st or 2nd biteoff.

Brad

·
Registered
728 Posts
I trolled monday, brick house to the gum thicketts. nothing on the troll, not even a lost tail. I pulled plastics and a couple small spoons.
Taylor

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
I trolled BPL for a couple of hours on Sat before the 20knot winds got to my 8 year old. We picked up a few shorts but went through a bag or so of storm shads due to lost tails.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lost a fair amount of rubber yesterday out front of Deale from the fish haven to east of 83.
We left on old birds boat at 3:30,trolling and targeted blues. Water temp was 64-65, and most marks and blues caught were down deep @ 15-25ft. Not as many of the bigger blues,
for the 1 1/2 hours we were out. No rock caught, but we were moving kinda fast, 3.2 -3.9 knot avg. Mostly spoons, two hoses and a chute with small shad. The brellas with teasers and shads fed a bunch of snappers tho.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Stupid queastion, as I'm finishing up my second year after a 20 year layoff, but, do you all think the big boys will come as far north as the BB, TPL, Bloody etc, or will it only be worth it if I schlep the boat to Solomons?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
They will come... maybe a litlle later and not as thick, but they will come... especially with all the bait in the area.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the responses. Fished quite a bit in the area from BB to Poplar Isd with mixed results of Blues and few Rock. Will be out the next three days on the ol' Compromise in the same area pulling spoons, chutes and umbrellas. Will let you know how it goes. Gonna try a new teaser on the brella using a metal window blind slat trimmed to shape. What a crazy idea but gotta try it.

Good luck to all

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
The big rods go back on the boat the first week in November.

A couple exploratory trips out of Breezy to get the spread back in the water and working then it’s off to Solomon’s and points south for the duration.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Going tomorrow outa Deale, will be working South. First trolling trip of the fall....will post results.
Got room for a HO....PM me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts