Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a WS T140 new demo a little while back and it's taken on water from day one. Dealer recommended siliconing the scupper hole joints since they didn't line up perfectly and making sure the drain plug was good and tight. I have done this and it still leaks,
I took it out on a small lake yesterday for about 2 hours and took on nearly a quart of water still.
I just spoke to the dealer again (he said bring it in) and they tell me that due to expasion and contraction the numerous screw holes themselves are prone to leakage and it's a matter of determining how much is acceptable.
It was a cool day yesterday (50s) and water temp close to same. I haven't read of anyone else with this problem, am I alone in this issue?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think I've read this report about your boat someplace else, but I think you should contact Ruthless. He'd be willing to help you determine the problem. He's good at it.

I, too, have a T140 and the tubes in the scuppers don't line up anywhere near as well as in the T120 I have. Interestingly enough, I take on water in the T120 and not in the T140. Everything is tight on both of them.

Go figure...............[excited]

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
First of all DEMO boats are not first quality boats, they are usually blems that are given to reps, and to the kayak fishing team. All my WS boats(DEMOS) leaked and had to be fixed.

I can probably repair you boat, if we can find the leak. I am not sure that a DEMO boat will be covered by a warranty.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I had 6 of them, so my odds were better.

Let me elaborate, all of them would have water in them at the end of a trip, most were because of misalligned scuppers. The others were probably the hatches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.