Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting a T-Top on the BX-22. AllStar is like $2400 installed with hard top, elect. box, 3 sided canvas and wiring to the elect. box. Seems O.K. but I seem to remember a post on here about a local builder who's prices are competetive if not lower. Anybody know any places locally around the Baltimore area. I also didn't ask if AllStars price included Rocket Launchers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey JP, Happy New Year to you...That actually sounds like a very good price..:thumbup:.Enclosures are like 300 per panel, boxes are around 3-400, ect...If that price has rocket launchers I don't think you can beat that...Fabric top or hard top? bill

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
John, It might be worth calling or checking with Miller Marine (in North East MD). I took mine up to him on my trailer, a few winters ago.. They do very good work, that is for sure.

I don't have there number handy, but if you need it, let me know.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
JP, No vendor suggestions here, have seen others on the board post regarding Sandpiper Marine Galesville or Deal area? One suggestion I would have is to see if they have a way to create a heavy duty detachment point around the top of the console. This should include a quick disconnect for the electronics box and lights. Nothing like being able to put her back in the garage.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Last time I checked with Sandpiper their top was 3000-3500. Nice people, nice top, but no where near the deal it sounds like he will get with the place he talked to.

Paul

·
Registered
883 Posts
John; I took my 225WA back to ALL STAR for eng. warrenty[starter]. While there, fell in love with the hardtop they had for my boat. Had them install it while it was there. On 3rd. year, absolutely love it. Been thru some pretty nasty stuff at PLO with no problems. They may have one in stock that you can look at. Mine has 4 rocket launchers. :thumbup: George

·
Registered
3 Posts
T top builder

I second Miller Marine in North East MD contact Dave Miller 410 287 0303 He built me a T top with a removeable cobia tower for my Grady White CC Quality was the best very well designed and welds are very good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Miller did mine.....better hit him now before he gets busy. Took about a month from the time I initially inquired about the top and the time it was done.....but a very good job...top knoch no doubt...BW

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cujo - I'd like to go with a hard top and I forgot to ask if the price included rocket launchers and spreader lights

Alley Cat - thanks, I'll check them out, they are right around the corner from my bosses shop

Ken - thanks, I'll give them a call

KenCraft - I think I'll go with basic T-Top and try to find a house that I can build a shed like Jamies so the door would be high enough for the T-Top to fit in

Paul - thanks

George - thanks, I'm scheduled for 100 hour service next week and wanted to check around and if their price is about what everybody elses is than I'll probably have them order it while its there

full circle - thanks, I will contact them

Breakin'Wind- thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey John,

There is charter captain who is interested in buying my Parker. He is not interested in the T-top and is trying to sell it. I don't know if you would be interested, but if so give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. It is a custom hard top with electronics box and rocket launchers - made by Atlantic Towers. 301-432-4545

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bret I would be interested in it if it would fit, also I would guess it might need a little work to make it fit and would like to know if Atlantic Towers could or would make the necessary modifications to make it fit my boat, maybee you can take measurements between the feet left to right and then front to back, height off of floor and if it has braces that tie to the console try and get as close of a measurement as to how far apart they are, and where they are located between the legs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts