Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I'd snagged 2 tickets to the game Saturday but someone reneged on the deal. I'll let him deal with a few of my buds later.;) Anyway for you guys that are tailgating from home what's on the menu? Since the wife will be out of town till Monday I'm having my retired poker buds over for the game and am looking for something different to have rather than the standard run of the mill football food. I'm pretty well shrimped out, just had my chili, wings don't appeal to me, and brats and burgers were on last weeks menu.
My plan right now is to smoke a 10# fresh ham for sandwiches and some pulled pork bar-b-que. I'll also pick up a 1/2 bu of oysters for some raw on the 1/2 shell, some baked with bacon on the 1/2 shell, some fried, some fritters and a pot of oyster stew. The fresh ham takes about 10 hrs in the smoker so I'll be getting up at o'dark 30 to get is started. I'll probably cheat a little and have a pot of doctored up Bush's country baked beans also. There, that should hold those free loading bunch of retired bums.:D Problem is they'll all be back Sunday to finish up the left overs.:mad: :D :D

So, are any of you guys doing any home tailgating and if so what's on your menu?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Well, Nick, I might try some peanut butter shrimp on the grill. I haven't been eating them too much.. We are also cooking up some chucks of Goose breast.. GO RAVENS. In some ways i hope it rains, but not while we are tailgating..

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Heading over a friends house and we're going to have some raw beef sandwiches. You know like they used to do at bull roasts. He's got a butcher that hooks him up with prime fresh beef... Onions, salt, pepper.. can't beat it.

Of course some of the usual fair.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ken the peanutbutter shrimp sounds good. How do you fix it? I had shrimp and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

Eric, steak tar tar is what we used to call it. FDA put the nix on it. That was one of the best things to eat at a bull & oyster roast. Funny how tons of it were eatin back then and you never heard of anyone getting sick. I love it on good Jewish seeded rye bread with the onions sliced as thin as you could get them then piled high on the beef topped with salt and pepper and those little capers. SOB, that sounds better than my smoked fresh pork. The best cut of beef for making that is the tenderloin but at $10.00# it gets a little costly. I'd need probably a 10# tenderloin.:(

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
1/4 peanut butter, 1/4 soy saucse 1/4 suger (I think) and 1 garlic minced, teaspoon or 2 of water and something else.. This is from memory.. Not good But you heat the sause up
and bast the shrimp on the grill.

I will check when I get home.. But it is good. The shrimp have to be pealed before cooking.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ken, I bet the other ingredient is either butter or EVOO or both to sautee the garlic in first. I can see it working. That has to taste good.:)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Im making my world famous old bay wings for myself and bbq for my better half , also putting some beef tenderloin on the grill for dinner , but Kens peanut butter shrimp sure sound good maybe i will have to make dinner a surf and turf combo , cant forget about the steamed mixed veggies. Dave

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I'm "tailgating" at RW. Crab cake probably - I'll know what the menu is when I get back from there tonight.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend says his butcher is using the london broil cut. So I'll let you know how it is. Jewish Rye is a MUST!
I don't think I've had it with london broil cut. That meat is normally a little tougher and need some form of marinating. I'm also wondering if the butcher is marinating the steak first. That may be his secret. It's been probably 10 yrs since I've made it and always used top sirloin. I don't make it any more because no one here likes it. Yea, I'd be very interested in how it tastes with london broil.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tailgating in my drivway now call me 410 746 4609
Damn Todd that really sounds tempting but I've got alot to get ready for tomorrow's party. I think Baltimore is just one big tailgate party this whole weekend. Wish I was the beer distributor.:D :D

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eric, how were the raw beef sandwiches made from the London broil cut? I'm 1/2 tempted to bring it on the Lynnhaven trip.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
1/4 peanut butter, 1/4 soy saucse 1/4 suger (I think) and 3 garlic minced, tablespooon or 1 of water and 3 Tablespoon of Oil.. you heat the sause up and bast the shrimp on the grill.

I will check when I get home.. But it is good. The shrimp have to be pealed before cooking.
Nick, I corrected the ingratiates above.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Ken, I thought the missing ingredient was oil. It sounds so good I think I'll do some on the grill for lunch.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts