Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Thats a true hog there Hank, I think I saw your name on it, stay cool in Fla. and we'll try to stay warm up here, looking forward to getting out when you get back

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JP don't worry we'll get them in the "Whitewater" when I get back.:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
OK, I count five anglers and 15 fish and Maryland anglers are not sure yet exactly what the score will be for this years seasons. Those fish are just a few weeks or so from starting up the bay to spawn, so what is the justification for them to be allowed to keep that many? Anyone else see a problem here?

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
probably had a red tail because it was in a pen or a livewell for a long time, the others however look like fresh caught fish:)

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Hank, There are are a lot of big fish around VA Beach right now. After this weekend they will probably be a little south, but we can still gettem.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Hey Jack, what's up ?????
I say we get a couple boats, 2-3 good crews and lets go slay them commies. I think Steve is dying to get down to a promise land.:)

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Hank wanted me to talk with Jamie when he gets back from Cancun so we can head south, I'm going on a small vacation on the 18th - 22nd. I'd have to go before it or after, good luck when you go.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Did someone say "Promise Land" I'm ready to go and the weekend of the 17 looks good to me. Uncle Phill and I would like to get back down there so I'm in.....

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Jack - looking forward to a great report, hope you get into them real good.
Steve - "Promise Land " always has a good ring to it, maybee when we agree on a date we'll have an opening or maybee the trip will have several boats going with some open spots.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
OK, I count five anglers and 15 fish and Maryland anglers are not sure yet exactly what the score will be for this years seasons. Those fish are just a few weeks or so from starting up the bay to spawn, so what is the justification for them to be allowed to keep that many? Anyone else see a problem here?
Maybe they were REALLY fishin with Buddy Harrison ? ? ?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Nice feesh, it would be nice to live around that area throughout the winter and catch fish like that all the time:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't normally post on this issue, but this one makes me question the rational of the politics of this fishery and our collective attitudes about perserving the fishery for the future. As someone else posted, that picture shows very large fish within a few weeks-months of spawning. In reality there are not 15 fish present in that picture, there are most likely millions of eggs, that would turn into hundreds to thousands of adult fish that will not be present in the future. Those fisherman "robbed" the future. If we as fisherman really value the opportunity to catch the Noble Striped Bass and wish the same for our kids and their kids in the future I suggest we as responsible recreational fishers stop taking this fish during a time when the future fish are most vulnerable which means during the few months that the large spawning females school up during the winter preparing for the spring spawn. Yes, this includes the area around the mouth of the Chesapeake and down through North Carolina and South Carolina.
I know I risk a lot of blasts from readers out there and I am willing to take the heat, but I just couldn't hold back on this.
Paul M.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts