Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
I looked at them at a boat show last year and if I remember right - thru transom drains were below the waterline! I asked how its expecetd to drain and they said that since the deck is higher than the waterline, it will drain out but slowly. I just thought that was a BAD concept. All good fishing boats have the drains above the waterline. If that hose lets go, ugh...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Are the Triumph's made of pvc? That would worry me more than below water line drains. Best rule of thumb is you get what you pay for!
Not PVC...Ropelene. It really is pretty indestructible stuff. I have had a Triumph 195CC for the past three years. No problems, no waxing, no worries about rot etc. Soft, quiet ride. Easy to clean. A buddy of mine has the 215 and has no complaints as far as I know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like mine they are great to clean out just pressure wash and you are done. I have have owned three models 150 cc 175 cc and now a 215cc, you can't hurt them. I only thing i wish i did before I bought the boat was to have the trim tabs installed ( i did it myself couldn't stand drilling into a new boat). I had mine for close to two and a half years. People say that they melt if you leave them in the sun, false or you need a special trailer, nope.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've had a 170 cc with a 50 Honda for 10 seasons now. It is a great little boat. Of course, it's not fancy. It was a pretty new concept when I bought mine (it's actually a Logic). If you want a boat that is pretty much indestructable, handles a chop well and is low maintenance, it's a good choice. If you want to look good, go elsewhere - the thing is basically a rubbermaid container.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i have a 2006 215cc and i absolutely love it!!!!!!! its indesctructable, comfortable, and takes waves well. i dive from it, fish from it, use it as a water taxi in the summer to take people to factory point and everyone loves it. i pressure wash it once a year and basically spray it off after every use and thats it. if your serious about buying one go online to their website and you can get what they call shark bite rebates if you buy your boat at the boat show, and i would use seaport marine in suffolk. they took great care of me and see how many boats are getting hit with a sledghammer at the boat show!!!!! i can tell you how many, ONE and its a triumph! if you live near poquoson come by and check mine out! just shoot me an email and we can even go for a ride if you want or have time, also i will give you some info on seaport and how they do business, they really hook you up! but i love the convience of the ropelene and the easiness of the cleanup.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all...

I actually have been renting a 170cc for about 5 years now, and really like the ease of care that it seems to offer...I did do quite a bit of research considering other sites etc. but I knew that on this site it's not particularly hard to get some great info...thanks a lot everyone...Bill

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
My neighbor just sold his; It is a solid built boat but is an EXTREMELY WET ride! Get curtains!! Go to Deep Blue Marine on Shore dr. and look at the Sea King (new name for Kencraft challenger) You'll like it!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had a 190 Bay for five years and it has been a great boat. Easy to clean, easy to tow, great on gas (w/a 115 hp Yamaha). I did have a hull issue, but the factory did a great job of fixing it no questions asked. I suppose all boats are compromises to some extent, but this one is tough and low maintenance. Now if it was just a couple of feet longer....

·
Registered
762 Posts
My neighbor just sold his; It is a solid built boat but is an EXTREMELY WET ride! Get curtains!! Go to Deep Blue Marine on Shore dr. and look at the Sea King (new name for Kencraft challenger) You'll like it!!
Can't speak for the other hulls, but my 195CC is an extremely dry ride. The only time we get wet is if take a 3-4 footer head on or the wind is blowing sideways. As far as looks go...it's not an ugly boat, maybe a bit chunky in its lines, but the fish don't seem to care:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have the 215 I bought in 2005 with a 150 Yamaha and I have had no problems with the boat. It is light, so trailering is easy, get good gas efficiency, and is fast. Takes waves well, although heavier boats (Parker/ Jones Bros0 are better in heavy seas. I have had no drainage problems excepts from the smallish drainholes in the fishboxs which can get blocked at times. Bought mine ad Adams/ Durvin in Mechanicsville. I liked them and the service. Pmail me or another Triumph owner Hakuna Makata from the Chesapeake forum if you want any other info.

Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
i too have a 19cc kencraft(sea king):clap: awesome boat for it's size and suprizingly dry compfortable ride

1 - 20 of 21 Posts